How To Make Cinnamon Rolls
The slight nip in the air and sunny afternoons call for something sweet to be relished. Here, gooey and fluffy cinnamon rolls topped with delicious cream can be an ideal treat for taste buds. Do you want to bake classic cinnamon rolls for your customers but don’t know how to? Well, we are here with an easy to follow recipe for traditional cinnamon rolls that will they will not get enough of.
What are cinnamon rolls?
For those who are new to this delicious world of the cinnamon roll, it is a sweet roll made up of a rolled sheet of dough that is sprinkled with sugar and cinnamon. It is served with a sweet and delicious milk cream that makes it a heavenly experience.
Cinnamon rolls came into existence in the year 1920 in Sweden but became popular only around the 1950s. They were originally served during the ‘Fika,’ which is a gathering that includes tea or coffee. Today, they are a popular dessert for breakfast, holidays, or for random sweet cravings all around the world.
How can you make cinnamon rolls at home?
What you need:
- 2 and ¾ cup flour (345g)
- ¼ cup sugar (50g)
- 2 and ½ teaspoon yeast
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup water (60ml)
- ½ cup milk (120ml)
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 3 tablespoon butter (45g)
- ¼ cup granulated sugar or dark brown sugar (50g)
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 2-3 tablespoon milk (30-45ml)
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
How to make it:
- In a large bowl, add sugar, flour, salt, and yeast together. Whisk it well and then set it aside.
- Put butter, water, and milk in another bowl. You can microwave it or heat it on gas until the butter melts and the mixture becomes warm.
- Add all the dried ingredients to it and then add an egg.
- Mix it well until it forms a dough. Knead this dough on a floured surface with light hands for 3 minutes.
- Put the dough in a lightly greased bowl, cover it, and let it sit for 10 minutes.
- Roll out the dough in a rectangle of roughly 14×8 inches.
- Add cinnamon and sugar together and sprinkle it over the dough.
- Roll the dough very tightly and cut it into 10-12 even pieces.
- Arrange the rolls in a light greased cake pan and bake it in a pre-heated oven to 190 degrees C/ 375 degrees F for 25-30 minutes.
- Add powdered sugar, milk, and vanilla extract in a bowl. Whisk it well, and then drizzle it over your hot cinnamon rolls.
- Your cinnamon rolls are now ready to be served. You can also store them at room temperature for 3 days and for 5 days in the fridge.
The smell of handmade cinnamon rolls is enough to entice anyone. Whether you want to try your hand at it or your clients have requested you to make cinnamon rolls, this is the only recipe you need. Follow the steps carefully, and you will get delicious, soft, and heavenly cinnamon rolls each time!
Do you want more recipes? Let us know in the comments!